What does Packback do?
Packback exists to awaken and fuel the lifelong curiosity in every student.
We are a social learning platform powered by a proprietary A.I. that college professors use to help their students fall in love with the subject matter, drive personalized learning, and most importantly, quantify and improve critical thinking skills.
Named as a 2014 Chicago Innovation Award winner, Packback has been featured on numerous occasions in The Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Chicago Tribune, and the Washington Post, while it’s founders have been named as Crain’s Chicago 20 in their 20’s.
If that sounds like a mission that sparks your curiosity...we want to meet you!
So what will you do?
We're looking for an inside sales representative to join our team as a Strategy Consultant.
Our Strategy Consultants get Packback Question's Q&A platform into the hands of professors, which in-turn signs up entire classes on the Packback platform and expands our student reach. Typical responsibilities include:
- Managing pipeline - our Strategy Consultants are assigned a territory of Universities and are responsible for the day to day management of the pipeline, including managing the entire life cycle of opportunities.
- Efficiently managing complex and long sales cycles
- Reporting progress against daily, weekly, and quarterly goals
- Following process as it relates to tracking pipeline in Salesforce
- Be a lifelong learner - be willing to provide and receive feedback from team members on a regular basis, in shared effort of furthering our individual and collective sales processes
What you won't do:
- Feel like a number - we empower each other and celebrate the small and the big wins, every day
- Get bored - we thrive off of curiosity and have fun while we do it
What you bring to the table:
- Proven Sales Ability - 1-2 years experience, preferably with SaaS technology
- Managing prospects - experience with prospecting, cold calling, and securing appointments - including closing new business.
- Strong Communication Skills - excellent verbal and written communication ability
- Relationship Builder - ability to build and maintain relationships through multiple touch points
- Values fit - the individual must be aligned with all of our company values, but especially as it relates to:
- Ambitiously humble, resiliently confident
- Not waiting for responsibility, but taking ownership
- Ability to celebrate failure as evidence of learning from mistakes
- Maintain a positive outlook when facing adversity in sales
What you will enjoy:
- Convenient South Loop office close to CTA lines, Metra, and paid parking lots
- 6 weeks fully paid, gender non-specific extended leave policy (for either parent welcoming a new child through birth or adoption, or to care for a family member in need)
- Health insurance, option for dental, vision, and life
- Short-term disability insurance
- Flexible vacation policy with a minimum of 10 days recommended
- Competitive salaries and room for professional growth
- Values-driven culture that encourages transparency and open communication
- Biannual paid company offsite retreats and outings.
- Access to creative and educational events hosted at the Packback office
- Super casual dress code
- Our office pup, Pepper!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.