We’re looking for an experienced customer advocate or account manager to join our team as an Customer Experience Manager (EM) on the Packback Customer Success team.
Our EMs are chiefly responsible for ensuring positive outcomes for their professors who are using the Packback Questions Q&A platform in their courses (NOTE: this is not the same as our textbook business). This covers a range of activities which includes onboarding professors to the platform, checking-in as necessary, reviewing analytics reports to diagnose issues in communities and driving resolution, & effectively communicating the value the Packback platform brings to each individual professor’s classroom to drive customer retention. An effective EM will see a high percentage of the their assigned professors choose to use the platform again in subsequent academic terms.
To effectively pursue these goals, an EM must be able to be proficient in the following day-to-day activities:
- Build Customer Relationship - an EM creates good rapport with & understands each individual customer by listening, understanding root causes by asking questions, and adds value through active problem solving over the phone and by email. EMs are adaptable in being able to build good relationships with a variety of customer personalities & profiles.
- Manage the Pipeline - Given an EM manages 50 or more professors from the sales handoff until renewal, it is essential that the EM can effectively manage their pipeline at scale by taking advantage of tools and processes. This could mean taking bulk actions like running / interpreting reports, sending mass email campaigns, and updating / maintaining CRM records. To do this effectively, the EM must be able to understand their customer base & manage the entire life cycle of opportunities at scale.
- Identify & Manage Exceptions: In certain cases, high risk or high value professors require personalized deal strategy to ensure their satisfaction & retention. EMs do this by deeply understanding their customers, recognizing when the general pipeline process is not sufficient to close the deal, and then digging deep & problem solving to effectively prove value to the customer.
- Communicate & Execute Accountably - because of the complexity of managing a large territory, a successful EM creates day & week plans, communicates these plan effectively to their manager, and is accountable in communicating progress and changes to plan. The EM effectively ties together the tactical, day-to-day planning with broader strategic goals of the organization.
- Learn and Coach - EMs must be willing to provide and receive feedback from team members on a regular basis, in shared effort of furthering our individual and collective processes
- Proven in Customer Success - at least 2 years experience in customer success, preferably with SaaS, technology or a related field.
- Managing prospects - experience prospecting, cold calling, securing appointments, closing business.
- Experience in a process-driven environment - demonstrated accountability to team processes & is able to understand the why. Identifies gaps & drives improvement in team process.
- Strong Communication Skills - excellent verbal and written communication ability
- Relationship Builder - ability to build and maintain relationships through multiple touch points
- Values fit - the individual must be aligned with all of our company values, but especially as it relates to:
- Ambitiously humble, resiliently confident
- Not waiting for responsibility, but taking ownership
- Ability to celebrate failure as evidence of learning from mistakes
- Maintain a positive outlook when facing adversity
- Convenient South Loop office close to CTA lines, Metra, and paid parking lots
- 6 weeks fully paid, gender non-specific extended leave policy (for either parent welcoming a new child through birth or adoption, or to care for a family member in need)
- Health insurance, option for dental, vision, and life
- Short-term disability insurance
- Flexible vacation policy with a minimum of 10 days recommended
- Competitive salaries and room for professional growth
- Values driven culture that encourages transparency and open communication
- Biannual paid company offsite retreats and outings.
- Access to creative and educational events hosted at the Packback office
- Occasional travel - no more than 5% of the time
The Experience Manager position is within the Customer Success department and will report to the Customer Success team lead. The position will have no direct reports but will have significant opportunity to coach, provide feedback to other team members, carve out expertise, and grow quickly into direct management roles.